Friday, August 17, 2018

Those Stressful People

We all have those 'stressful' people and those 'stressful' situations in our lives. And when the two combine so you have 'stressful' people amping up a 'stressful' situation, the drama can be overwhelming. Especially when you have a chronic ailment (or seven).

I have learned how to cope with this. Through avoidance.

If I am stressed because for any reason, I let me become harder to reach. (I am spilling a secret here.) I go into snooze mode. If I am having enough problems with my own emotional or physical self for whatever reason, I tend to 'miss' phone calls, texts, and emails. I don't get back to people for a few hours, days, weeks, depending on the situation.

I will check to make sure there aren't any real disasters or medical issues that I need to deal with, but otherwise they go into snooze mode. This is my way of lowering my stress level and allowing me to cope with my issues. Also, sometimes a quick reaction is not the best in a difficult situation.

Honestly when I am having my own issues I can't cope with yours. So please don't make me. Its not that I don't want to hear from you but sometimes I just can't even talk on the phone or send a quick text or email. I need to go into my hibernation until I can cope again.

Chronic illnesses complicate a lot of things - especially relationships. But please don't blame me if I can't cope with your situations and drama right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...