Friday, August 3, 2018

My Stupid Knee

Back in 2001, I had a wonderful day of skiing that was spoiled by a stupid mogul. I fell. Some guy stopped and said "are you okay? My friend is going for the ski patrol." My reply was "I'm okay, I don't need the ski patrol." He insisted. I said "fine, you can help me untangle my skis." I stood up and my knee bent sideways and that was that.

After a business trip to Japan I had knee surgery to repair my meniscus and was told 'come back if it ever locks up'. It did start locking up and after a year of trying all sorts of PT, I ended up having another surgery to repair my meniscus last fall.

Then after my 'unfortunate' event the other day, my knee locked up this morning. Not as badly as it was before but this is not good. My debate - do I call my doctor now or wait until I see him in October or wait until I am next at the gym and talk to the physical therapist?

I am seriously bummed. Its not an option for more knee surgery on the meniscus in this knee. Its a question of stability. Nothing more. And a knee that likes to lock up is a bad thing. @$%#*($^^&@#^$.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...