Tuesday, July 31, 2018

I Hate It When I Do Stupid Things

Everyone does stupid things. I think I do the dumbest stupid things. Which seems to inevitably  to slowing me down for periods of time.

This morning I performed stellar acrobatics and completed a triple lutz followed by a quadruple axel. No actually, I was admiring a beautiful piece of wood and my bifocals allowed me not to be able to see the edge of the red stained chairs. The result is I went down three steps and landed on my newly-operated-on-knee, elbow, and transformed a pair of capris into a pair of shorts (hemming now required). It doesn't help that my other knee doesn't have an ACL and likes to give way - which I think it did duirng this spectacle.

I told the shop owner that I would not sue and I also would not inform my orthopedic surgeon. He also gave me some ice.

I came home and put ice on my knee and lay down for a while. But my knee and elbow are definitely sore. That means I get to sit down on my butt for a few days and be lazy (lazier than normal). I tried walking around a bit on my knee and it is weight bearing but it is definitely sore and requires more ice and elevation. I hope to rest for a couple of days and then go back to the store, return the ice pack, and finally get a good look at the amazing hand crafted furniture.

My husband gave me a hard time about how I can't be trusted to go anywhere. sometimes I think he might be right. (No, I didn't say he was right, I said sometimes he might be right.) There is a difference.

The real thing is most people do stupid things but I am more 'fragile' than everyone else and its really hard to limp on bth knees.....

But I really hate it when I do stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...