Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Planning Through My Life

My life is very structured. I never just drop anything and go do something else. Why? Because I have everything planned. There is only so much I can do in a day - which is about a tenth of what a normal person can do.

In the big picture, I go to the gym three days a week. The gym is near the hospital which contains my doctors. All doctor appointments are scheduled on gym days. The gym is also near my hair dresser and manicurist. Again, those appointments are scheduled on gym days. And no gym day can contain more than one thing plus the gym because I can't.

On the days I don't go to the gym, I do things that go in directions that are not near the gym. Again, I only do two things in one day. Thursdays I go to my knitting group and then I might do one other thing.

My husband claims I should only do one thing each day. Personally I think I can do two things. And it depends on how you count things. Somethings don't count. If I go to the gym and then stop at the library for ten minutes, I call that one thing. I left the house and came back once. Will I go back out again? Maybe, maybe not. But I probably will cook dinner too. That's my second thing. Some days I am too tired to cook dinner.

I plan what I want to do. Some days I can't even do what is planned. Those days I rest so I can pretend I will move my plans until the next day. Sometimes my plans go up in smoke and never happen. On the 'up' side, I get to watch my fair share of 'quality' TV on Lifetime, HGTV, Food Network, Animal Planet, and more.

As my health has tanked, my spontaneity has evaporated. So I plan and pretend I am doing everything I want in life. But we all know that is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...