Saturday, July 21, 2018

In Pain

I was having a good day. But not any more. I mean I did have a good day. I did a bunch of things I wanted to do. I took it easy. I warped my loom. I did some knitting. I went on a couple of errands. We had dinner. This is bad.

In addition to my 'chronic' ailments I have a bad back. I mean a really bad back. It started with degenerating disks in my lower back (L4-5, L6-7 or something like that) and then I found out I had a bone spur in my neck (C4 I think?). Finally, I have desiccated disks at bra strap height - whatever that is in medical terms but its T something.

I usually do okay because of all my meds. But today it is bad. I went out and did some weeding and called Boots (the good cat). I came in without Boots and ZDpot (the bad cat) tried to run out. I grabbed him. And it was bad. I couldn't sit up long enough to watch Jeopardy.

My doctor told me no ice on my back. But its summer and I really don't want a heating pad. And it all hurts. And really sucks. (Consider me honest). I'm not sure I can sleep tonight (alcohol isn't helping either).

If anyone has advice, I would appreciate it. I am open for suggestions. I have a really good pain management team. I can get an appointment to see them. But that is not a long term solution - go to the dr, get an appointment for some nasty injections in my back, and then feel better for a while. I would prefer to be healthy for a while ever.

Okay, I'm cranky. I am in a lot of pain. I can barely turn my neck to the right - which is the direction to the TV in the bedroom. I had to go to months of PT a couple of years ago for my neck.

Honestly, I want a magic wand to wave over me and make everything stop hurting for good. But I am whining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...