Friday, July 13, 2018

Wants and Needs

I had a dilemma. I was exhausted but I wanted the following:
  1. A nap
  2. A shower
  3. Clean sheets on the bed
But I really needed:
  1. Clean sheets on the bed because they just really needed to be changed and there is nothing like getting into bed with clean sheets on it.
  2. A shower because I went to the gym this morning and I really needed one.
  3. A nap would make sense after I was clean and the bed was made.
Being exhausted I knew I had to compromise.
  1. So I pulled the old sheets off the bed and put the bottom sheet only on the bed. 
  2. I lay down for 20 minutes to rest up so I could shower without being worried about collapsing.
  3. Then I showered and put pillow cases on two pillows (one behind my knees and one behind my back) and lay down again. 
  4. I left the rest of the bed making until my husband gets home from work. Two more pillow cases, top sheet, blankets, and bedspread are waiting for him.
This is my life. If my husband is lucky he won't need to cook dinner too.

1 comment:

  1. I may have had this exact same day once. Others very similar. But, I appreciate how you put it into words. Sometimes it's just nice to know that someone else in the world understands what it's like to have to budget energy. And, even with the best planning, has to fall short and lean on others around them to help. Thanks for candidly sharing your life.

    ReplyDelete

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...