Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sometimes I Ignore My Health Issues

I just spent a few days ignoring my health issues. I had a lot of fun. I know am recovering. I didn't do anything stupid - like drive a long distance, climb a mountain, or even go to the mall. I only drove probably less than 1 mile (looking for coffee one morning). I walked around a small city.

Okay, what I did do:
  • I walked 10,000 steps one day.
  • I rode on a boat.
  • I rode on a bus tour (to breweries) which means I drank beer during the day time.
  • I walked on the beach four days in a row - some days for as much as an hour at a time (I'm addicted to beach walking).
  • I went out for two meals a day - which means I didn't eat the best. 
I am exhausted as a result. I will spend today mostly in bed so I can rest. Every day I probably did too much every day. We overslept on the one day we needed to get up in time to catch the bus because I was so tired.

Being mature, I am also ignoring all current potential medical issues because I just don't feel like dealing with them - that is my biggest coping tactic. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and will spend some time catching up. My name is Laura. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015. I thought I beat it. (I rang the hell out of that bell...) In 2017, I was diagnosed with APL leukemia. I thought I beat it. (No bell ringing this time. I am no fool.) In November of 2018, my cancer markers jumped to 96. Tests. Cancer is back, this time it is clinging to an artery next to my heart. They call it a "useless artery", but the cancer can't be removed. On oral chemo. The markers are down to 62, but a recent bone scan reveals that the cancer has spread to my spine. My blog is called Just Eat Your Cupcake, Too. Good luck to you....to us.

    ReplyDelete

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...