Monday, March 30, 2020

Stuck at home for weeks

I decided I need to restart my sporadic blog on life with a chronic illness. I have a very compromised immune system. I also had cancer a couple of times. But I am not over 60. So I don't have all the risks. Just most of them. Or more than the average bear...

With my lovely health, if I start to get a cold, I just cancel my life for a week. I had a cold long before this Stupid Virus Quanrantine Pandemic started.  So I basically hae been stuck at home since late February. The first week of March I left my house only a couple of days and since then have left it maybe once a week. Yes my sanity is crumbling. But I do have several things going for me in this staying at home business.

  • I haven't worked in years so I have lots of practice in entertaining myself.
  • I can't go to the gym, but I have an exercise bicycle so I can still get my hour of cardio in 3x each week.
  • Instead of visiting my friends I have been calling and texting them regularly.
  • I have been working on my garden every day (its not raining or snowing) for about an hour or so each day so I am being productive and getting fresh air.
  • My neighbor's little boys have shown up for weekly garden help which has been a big help to me and they are adorable. 
But my biggest problem is THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED. I am usually there every week and have read all the library books I have. I am now working my way through ebooks even though I prefer the feel of a printed book.

Since it is now rumored (and I have to use the word rumored because they keep changing their mind) that we will be home until the end of April. That would put me at a total of about 62 days (or something around that) home straight. 

This means I should have time to do things like: clean the house since the house cleaners aren't coming, tidy up all my craft stuff, and organize the linen closet. But it remains to be seen if those tasks ever will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...