Monday, June 25, 2018

Bedtime

I was never the child who wanted to stay up late (unless is was the annual Miss America Pageant - don't ask, we thought it was awesome). I was happy to go home and go to bed by 9 o'clock. In college, I would stay up late, but would nap often. Also, I was so busy studying (beer) that I would not notice how late it got. Maybe I was sleep deprived for four years.

When I met my husband, I was very concerned about his sleep habits, among other things. If I married someone who wanted to stay up until midnight every night, it would not be a good relationship. I happily discovered that he is an early to bed person as well.

Now, as my body has continued to fall apart, I have problems staying up until 9pm... I used to try to stay up until sundown.... But that doesn't work.

RA causes fatigue. Fibromyalgia causes fatigue. Pain causes fatigue. Fatigue causes fatigue. Last night I was in bed at 730pm and didn't wake up until 6am. That was a whopping 10.5 hours of sleep. I needed it.

Tonight my bedtime will be around 830 probably.... but I will not put money on that.

1 comment:

  1. I have the strongest memory of passing you on the lawn at the Coffee Haus, you were on your way to bed. I seem to remember that when you were ready to call it a night, you just left. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...