Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Spoon Theory and Life

Are you familiar with spoon theory? It sums up my life and abilities.
Yesterday I stopped by my mother's house and was looking for more paper napkins as there were none left on the table. I asked my mother if she knew where they were and she did not. Unfortunately, they have a split level so I had to check upstairs and downstairs. I went down first and then up two flights and never found them (they can use paper towels as napkins for a couple days) but that climb up two flights felt like a four spoon activity and I only had two spoons left in me. I went home and lay down until I had the energy to shower.

This is a common occurrence for me - needing to rest for basic activities. My days are short. People wonder why. But I count my spoons and rest a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...