Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Klutziness

Is being klutzy a chronic disease? I mean its never going away and severely complicates my life sometimes. Granted I can be considered a little 'fragile' or something, but adding klutziness (and forgetfulness - but that's a story for another day) can really complicate things.

I have never been the most coordinated at many things. I have been known to walk into a wall, miss a doorway, or miss things all together. Its been a lifelong condition. And my health issues don't add to it.

I have had several 'klutzy' episodes recently. I fell on my knee a few weeks ago (still healing and multiple doctors have commented on it and express their concern over it). I also caught my heel on the screen door and had a lot of pain and a lot of blood from a 3" scratch. I was weeding the other day and grabbed a thorn bush in addition to the jewel weed I was wripping out gouging my fingers. I also touched a hot pan by accident.... And the list goes on.

Normal people can do this stuff and walk away. Me? I can end up in bed for a day or two. Sometimes I need to modify medications to reduce the chance of infection from scrapes and cuts. A good jolt from a fall and I am done from the day.

But I know I don't want that 'fall risk' label from my doctors. I try to be vague about it when discussing 'klutzy' incidents - except with my orthopedic surgeon because he allows me to blame my knees that like to give way whenever they want. (If you become a 'fall risk' you aren't allowed to go pee without supervision.)

So my klutziness is another chronic ailment.... There is no real treatment but I will continue to live with it as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...