Monday, August 13, 2018

Vacation

I haven't blogged much because I was on a two week vacation in Vermont with my entire family - including four much loved but very active teenage nieces and nephews. I ended up doing more than I should. I didn't have enough down time by myself - I think I am too accustomed to my quiet time during the day. Our bedroom was on the main floor (=no stairs) but was right off the main living room (=not as quiet or private as I am used to).

While we were there I did manage to do things - go for walks, play mini golf, go out to restaurants, do a little shopping and more. It also meant I stayed behind with my mother when the rest of the family was doing more energetic things - zip lines, mountain roller coasters, etc. I also got to float around in a beautiful lake a couple of times.

By the end of the two weeks I felt relaxed. I really missed our bed which is one of those which you can raise and lower the head and foot. I think I watch too much TV because I also really missed watching recorded shows so I could skip the commercials.

The one problem on our trip was that my husband came home for a couple days to go to work and the exhaust decided to separate from the car. He did get it fixed and came home a day later than planned. However a second portion of the exhaust decided to 'fail'. Luckily my brother used to be a mechanic and finagled a repair with a coat hanger and it happened on Thursday night so I could call and make an appointment for this morning. This means we are down to one car for a day or two - so I have to get up and drive my husband to work.

Another problem when we arrived home and I was seriously looking forward to some horizontal time to catch up on our DVRd shows. No cable, no wifi. A technician came out yesterday and found that the fiber we were connected to in the fiber optic cable failed last week. But she was able to fix it and life was restored to normal.

It was a nice to be away but I am so glad to be home and I can rest for a few days (between going to the gym and three doctor appointments this week) to recover from all my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crap in life

So currently I am waiting for the following: I am finally getting dental implants started in my jaw. I fell in June, knocked our 3 teeth. It...